Unless you’ve been living at the bottom of the sea and unplugged from all current reality, you probably know that CBD oil derived from the cannabis plant is now the latest trend in skincare. And with good reason—it has loads of health benefits and is quickly becoming one of the most effective all-natural anti-inflammatories around, according to Samantha Morrison, a cannabis researcher for Glacier Wellness, a company dedicated to natural and sustainable health products.
“CBD skincare qualities include protection from environmental aggressors, pain relief, and moisturizing benefits,” says Morrison, who says that because the skin has the highest concentration of CB2 receptors (neurotransmitters that help break down and put cannabinoid compounds to work in the body), using CBD to treat conditions such as rosacea, acne, eczema, and psoriasis is especially effective.
Check out these six CBD products to make your skin look and feel its best:
1. Herbivore Emerald Deep Moisture Glow Oil: This oil contains intense moisture that will sink in fast so you won’t be sporting shine all day. It contains hemp seed oil, shiitake mushroom, and ashwagandha root, which will plump and hydrate your skin and tone down any redness.
2. Mary’s Nutritionals PURIFY Dead Sea Salt Mud Mask: We all love a good face mask to slather on at the end of the day. This mud mask contains minerals only found in the Dead Sea, along with full-spectrum activated hemp extract. The mud draws out toxins as well as exfoliates and moisturizes, which will leave your skin glowing and soft.
3. Mary’s Nutritionals RESTORE Nourishing Body Serum: A multi-purpose serum containing full-spectrum activated hemp extract, peptide complex, and lavender, this daily-use formula helps to promote skin cell regeneration, treat skin tone and reduce spots and marks. It sinks right into your face and won’t leave you feeling sticky or oily.
4. Milk Makeup CBD-Infused Mascara: We can’t deny that the eyes have it, and what better way to make them pop than a mascara that goes on smooth and clump-free? This CBD-infused mascara comes to the rescue, with a brush that promises to curl lashes and a non-flaky formula that’s easy to remove at the end of the day.
5. Cannuka Calming Eye Balm: Everyone wants to have bright eyes, and this one has been said to reduce under-eye bags and puffiness ultra-fast. It is Cannuka’s best-selling eye cream and even claims to get rid of those dark circles.
6. Enhance your own: If you already have a favorite pure moisturizer, night cream, or repair cream (we love Alastin Ultra Nourishing Moisturizer and ZO Skin Health’s Hydrating Crème), add a little pure CBD oil into the mix for an extra benefit boost.
With all the new CBD products available to us now, it can be fun to try them out and find a favorite—make sure you go for quality ingredients without a lot of additives. And while you won’t get a high from the products, your own radiant beauty may be enough to put you in a great mood.