CoolSculpting is more effective than ever, and OrangeTwist leads the industry in helping patients eliminate fat naturally.
You’ve tried eating clean, drinking an ocean of water and Zumba-ing until your sneakers fell apart. Even though you might be feeling terrific (and you’ve got some fiery hot salsa moves down pat), there’s still some stubborn fat that just won’t leave.
Enter CoolSculpting body contouring. It’s a nonsurgical treatment that freezes the fat cells and eliminates them naturally. It’s an ideal procedure for someone with a few extra inches, bulges or flaps they’d like to get rid of without surgery or downtime, but it’s not for the obese or for someone who wants to lose a lot of weight. Weight loss involves the shrinking of fat cells; CoolSculpting removes them entirely, but unlike liposuction surgery to remove fat cells, there’s no scarring or loose skin. Though CoolSculpting requires less recovery time, it does take up to three months to see the results, so the best time to plan your treatment is well ahead of the big reveal (think wedding, reunion, holiday party or even the first day of summer)
How CoolSculpting Works
The medical term for CoolSculpting is “cryolipolysis,” or killing fat by cold. Fat cells are more sensitive than the surrounding skin, bone, muscle, nerves and tendons, and they’re uniquely sensitive to freezing. When exposed to a specific temperature, the fat cells die, which is called apoptosis. Patients usually require multiple treatment cycles in an area to see optimized results. So for example, if you have four cycles around your waist, you could lose 1 to 2 inches. “Clients—and I’ll include myself in this—want to do several cycles because it works so well the first time and we want more,” says OrangeTwist co-founder and medical director, W. Grant Stevens, MD, F.A.C.S., a world-renown plastic surgeon and a pioneer in CoolSculpting technology.
The other great news is that CoolSculpting can be used all over the body. Here’s what you can expect when you get the full treatments (but know that results may vary from person to person), and if you gain weight after the treatment, you’ll gain it in the areas where you still have fat cells such as the breasts, bottom, arms or back.
- Abdomen: Puffiness, “spare tires,” belly fat, “muffin tops/love handles” and tummy pooches that hang over your belt line disappear to become flat. You can see more defined abdominal muscles, the waist becomes more slim, and the torso becomes more streamlined.
- Face: If you only ordered one chin but somehow wound up with two, know that the extra fat under the jawline is reduced or eliminated, creating a cleaner, more defined facial profile.
- Upper arms: If Michele Obama arms are your ideal, CoolSculpting can tighten sagging, flappy skin under the biceps, which can better reveal toned muscles.
- Underarm fat: Go strapless! That extra pouch of fat under the arms just above the breasts is reduced or eliminated.
- Flank/side: The dreaded rolls of back fat disappear or are reduced, leaving a more streamlined torso and more defined waist.
- Thighs/backside: Break out the short-shorts! Those saddlebags fall away, inner thighs become slimmer and the buttocks appear tighter.
Getting the fat off is our mission—but keeping it off should be yours. “We encourage everyone to live a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain the results that we give them,” says Dr. Stevens.
The OrangeTwist Experience
Each cycle at OrangeTwist is now only 25 minutes long (older machines took an hour or more), and we can freeze fat off in a half, a third or even a quarter of the time because we use multiple machines at once. Our newer machines, the most current in the industry, have virtually eliminated any discomfort or bruising that sometimes occurred with the older machines. You’ll see CoolScultping provided by lots of medi-spas and doctors’ offices, but it’s important to understand the technology is only part of what makes the treatment successful: Dr. Stevens is a medical pioneer who has performed more than 50,000 CoolSculpting procedures, and all staff members receive thorough training to become best-in-class.
“Not all offices are equal when it comes to assessing patients and the art of using the applicators. Our staff has devoted thousands of hours of rigorous training in the art and science of CoolSculpting. People keep coming back not only because they have confidence in our work, but because we provide an experience unlike any other, and that puts them at ease,” Dr. Stevens explains.
If you think CoolSculpting’s for you, schedule your complimentary consultation now.